Life is not merely being alive, but being well’, Marcus Valerius
Do you think you are leading a healthy life? What do you actually mean by a healthy life?
Healthy living is a composition of healthy physical and mental life. Healthy living doesn’t only mean the fitness of a physical body, but also the mental fitness that signifies the stability and balanced state of our mind. Healthy living depends upon the quality of activities and habits we are into. It is hard to maintain a healthy lifestyle in our daily rat race. But, incorporating certain things on a habitual basis goes a long way in bringing the best outcome of our life. Living a healthy life not only does physiological benefits, but it also keeps your mood and attitude uplifted.
A healthy outside starts from inside. It is the harmony of physical and psychological functions. The therapy for a successful and healthy living includes the following 10 dos:
- Own your day: Start your day well, and own it. As it is commonly said the morning shows the day. Feed your mind with the right food at the right time of the day. A moulded mind with positive thoughts will make your whole day easier. Use the early morning hours for your personal development. Meditate, motivate yourself by reading good stuffs, indulge in anything that soothes and prepares your mind for the whole day.
- Exercise : A lethargic body gives rise to demotivated thoughts. Besides, many benefits, the regular bit of physical exercise causes the release of happy hormones in our body, which reduces the symptoms of stress and anxiety in the body. Researches have also shown that exercise helps in the growth of new brain cells, which promotes better and creative thinking.
- Eat right: ‘Health is not about the weight you lose, it is about the life you gain’. Right food at the right time, and at right portion, dramatically changes the functioning of your body. Mind and body are connected, and one has to be healthy, for the other to be health. The quality of energy received from the food you take, determines the quality of energy developed in your mind.
- Declutter your surrounding: Researches have also shown that clean and organised surrounding, leads to an organised mind. A clumsy, unclean and cluttered surrounding, be it your home or your working table, or your immediate surroundings , gives rise to disorderliness in your thought process. So, declutter your different spaces of life, to welcome a healthy positive living.
- Manage your time: It is said that those who waste the time, complains more of its shortness. As Robin Sharma says, ‘Do not allow those things in your life be at the mercy of activities that matter the least’ So management of your time is of utmost important. Prioritise your work. Follow a schedule, guard your time and make the best out of your life.
- Give yourself some time: Relaxation is an investment. Everyday keep some time for yourself to re-energise and rejuvenate yourself. Relaxation calms down both your physical and mental activities. Do the activities you really enjoy. It will not only uplifts your mind, but also brings body functions to the normal state like blood pressure, heart rate etc.
- Fix a time for family: Healthy living also includes healthy relationships. We are nothing without a happy family and relationships. Or in other words, you cannot lead a successful life, without a happy family. Spending quality time with family, not only strengthens your bonding, but also heals you mentally , by removing all sorts of insecurities. Express your love and affection, and accept them as they are.
- Practice gratitude: By being grateful for everything and anything in life, teaches you the true essence of life. We are often in the habit of overlooking the existing happiness in the pursuit of something bigger. Gratitude teaches to be appreciative in our life, and to realise nothing is ‘ too small’ to overlook.
- Stay away from negativity: Declutter your mental atmosphere too, as you do it for your physical surrounding .Keep yourself away from anything and everything negative, be it a person or situation. Be focussed and get associated with positive people, learning situations, uplifting discussions, and empowering talks.
- Smile and stay happy: A smile is the most effective shock absorber of our lives. Smile creates an illusion for our mind and brain to change our perception to a better version. Smiling and laughter keeps us strong and positive to face the challenges of life. So, install in you the smiling habit.
With all the wishes of healthy living !!
This is my 4th post ‘D’, for the ongoing #blogchatterA2Z challenge,2019.